Nov 30, 2011




Where to begin? I came back to Atlanta from Chicago. Shortly thereafter, I drove to Sylva, North Carolina. My mentor Tadashi Torii and I assisted each other making work for a few days. I also had some help from my friends Ariana and Aaron. The shop is located at Jackson County Green Energy Park. This is a progressive idea that uses the methane gas from a landfill to heat a greenhouse, fire a black smithing studio, and run a hot glass studio. There are no hidden propane tanks, simply gas harnessed from the landfill. Due to that fact, it is still somewhat unstable and more holes were drilled to capture more gas, but I expect nothing but improvement. All the people affiliated with the Energy Park are great and super nice. Tadashi and I pulled a 13.5 hour day yesterday and I now have a body of work for Taylor Kinzel's 8th Annual Glass Show. It will be going on 1 PM - 5 PM at Taylor Kinzel Gallery 16 Elizabeth Way, Roswell, GA 30075. Hope to see you there.