Jul 5, 2010

My work from Pilchuck













Casting was somewhat still for me. I'm used to blowing and working on bigger pieces so casting seemed somewhat stagnant. I started marver casting and moving it to the side of the marver and letting some of it drip off. I got pretty into that cause there was more movement. For every piece that made it there was at least one that feel on the floor or broke. The hardest part was getting in into the annealer. I still want to incorporate blown pieces into these but this is what made it back. About 60% was broken during shipping. Sort of disappointing.